Instrumentum Laboris Click to Download
- The Church-Family of God, community of faith.
- Our identity as baptized people and our mission as witnesses to the Gospel.
- The gift of the Eucharist which brings us together, sanctifies, strengthens and commits us to become “Eucharist” so that others through us may have life in fullness.
- SECAM and all the other structures and ecclesial institutions within Church for the past 50 years.
- The pastoral and social works that have enabled the Church to be close to those in need: (Mt 25:31-46)
- Cultural and educational works.
Memories of the accomplished path
Identifying the initiatives or activities of the Church-Family of God at all levels: personal, family, parochial, diocesan, national, regional and continental (successes, failures, joys and difficulties encountered).
- How do we, in our families, parishes, religious congregations, nations, regions, and continent, acknowledge the progress made by the Church-Family of God?
- What measures have we put in place to promote justice, reconciliation, peace and development and to help internalize, assimilate and testify truly that we are God’s Family?
- What mutual support do we offer each other in response to the fact that we are the Church-Family of God?
- What kind of spiritual and material resources do we dispose of?
Repentance and Conversion
- Identify the activities to be undertaken towards the way of repentance and conversion in our daily life
- Promote personal and community approaches of forgiveness,
- To be aware of our shortcomings and negligence in acknowledging and developing the immense human and natural resources of Africa in favour of our populations.
- Recognize the strengths and weaknesses of the methods of evangelization used till today and to update the necessary pastoral initiatives.
- Develop activities for reconciliation and unity at all levels: family, Christian communities, villages, regions, countries and continent.
Renewed commitment to bearing witness to Christ
- Renewing our life with Christ
- Strengthening the sense of personal responsibility to the Gospel among the lay faithful, the Religious and the pastors.
- Organizing formation sessions to deepen our knowledge of Christ and his Gospel
- Identifying socio-cultural and economic barriers to responding to the demands of the Mission.
- Rethinking and promoting the involvement of Christians in political life.
- Developing, in institutions of formation (universities, seminaries, novitiates, and associations), initiatives of communion and action for deeper evangelization and transformation of society.
- Promoting an organic solidarity among ecclesial service structures in a spirit of subsidiarity and complementarity (cf. Pauline image of the church as body of Christ).
- Promoting some pastoral actions or strategies, according to the Social Doctrine of the Church, proper to different groups and associations as well as socio-professional institutions (family businesses, cooperative structures, community groups for economic purposes, etc.), in view of integral human development.
- Recognizing and promoting the roots and cultural values of Africa to meet the major challenges for her transformation.
- Indicate the commitments to be promoted in order to further respond to the mission of the Church-Family of God.
- Identify the strengths and weaknesses of the Church-Family of God, as well as the opportunities and threats for a far-reaching evangelization.
- Stimulate and encourage ecumenical actions and Interreligious Dialogue.
- Remember that the grace of God is gratuitous and dismiss any aspects of simony in the celebration of the sacraments and sacramentals.
- Create awareness for pastoral care of the needy (sick, old, prisoners, refugees, migrants, etc. (Lk 6: 17-19).
- Strengthen pastoral care for the children and the youth