The following are the Commissions and offices of SECAM:
This Commission is headed by the First Vice-President of SECAM. The day-today administration of the office is carried out by the First Deputy Secretary General of SECAM.
The following departments and committees fall under the Commission of Evangelisation:
- The Catholic Biblical Centre for Africa and Madagascar (BICAM) which encourages and co-ordinates Biblical Apostolate programmes on the continent.
- Faith, Culture and Development Department
- Theological Committee (COMITHEOL); which co-ordinates theological activities.
- Pan-African Laity Co-ordination Board; an organ of liaison, co-operation and joint action for the training and formation of the Laity.
The Second Vice-President of SECAM heads this Commission. The Second Deputy Secretary General handles the administrative work of the Commission. It has the following offices:
- Justice, Peace and Development;
- Good Governance; which studies and appraises the African political, diplomatic and social situations to enable SECAM take relevant positions regarding the promotion of Good Governance.
There is a Committee of Bishops responsible for Social Communications for Africa and Madagascar responsible for giving directions on social communications at all levels. The Committee has a Bishop Chairman appointed by the Standing Committee. The SECAM Secretariat has a Communications Office headed by a Communications Officer.
Other offices of SECAM are:
- The Administrative Office which falls under the Secretary General.
- The Accounts Office which is headed by the Treasurer of SECAM with a full-time Accountant for the day-to-day work of the office. The Accountant’s day-to-day work is supervised by the Secretary General of SECAM.
Official Languages: English, French, and Portuguese.